Bonus CARE tip
An eco-friendly, easy and effective way to clean multiple silver products at once:
You’ll need: a large plastic container, boiling water, a couple tablespoons of baking soda and kosher salt, and aluminium foil.
- Place your silver pieces into a large plastic container
- Line the container with aluminium foil, shiny side up
- Carefully place your silver pieces in the container
- Boil enough water to cover the silver pieces
- Submerge the silver pieces in boiling water
- Add baking soda and kosher salt to the water
- Let the silver sit in the water for a few minutes
- Carefully remove the silver and wipe dry with a soft cloth
How this works is, the sulphur atoms that make up the silver tarnish are removed and transferred to the aluminium foil via the baking soda/salt solution, forming aluminium sulphide and thus leaving your silver shining!